Peter Touring the Middle East - September 1998 to March 1999
I was lucky once more, I had got 7 month to go where the road may take me.
Here you can find the travelleter I wrote while I was on the road, and some
of the pictures I have taken.
It all started out like this:
This tour has almost no plans - no sponsors - maybe not even a goal.
It could happen that nothing will happen at all, that I will find
a quiet place just south of here - sit down, drink coffee and read some books.
Well I have done a little preparation;
I will leave Denmark at the end of August, visit some friends,
maybe get some ideas, and then I will probably go south through the eastern
part of Europe, trying to find my way to India or Egypt.
If this turns out to be
impossible I will try something else - stay tuned and I will tell you.
- I have rented my house out - so I have to leave home
- I have setup this WEB-page and a mailing list on which I will spread
- My home will be my red BMW R100GS, which I bought in 1994 and used on my
One year tour trough the Americas from Canada down to Argentina
- With the help of friends and the internet I have renewed my license-plate
- The bike is stille registered in the States where I bought it,
this will probably make life a little more exiting on the border crossings.
- I don't have a "Carnet de Passage" making thing even more exiting - or impossible